This is me.....

I am a student in the College of Education at the University of South Alabama studying to become a collaborative special education teacher at middle or high school levels.
I am originally from Scotland and moved to Alabama to work at Camp ASSCA adapting activities for people with special needs in 1994. I have spent the past ten years working and traveling while putting my wife through school, and now have the opportunity to pursue a life long goal of becoming a special education teacher.
As a mature student that has been exposed to many cultures and views, I hope to expand the knowledge of students and develop a relationship with the community I work in. Having the ability to use and incorporate technology into my classroom will help me adapt instruction to suit the needs of every student. My goal is to focus on each child's ability and not there disability by making my classroom as universal and as enjoyable as possible. Below are some of the technology tools that I hope to incorporate into my lesson plan allowing students to connect with parents and the community.

Screen Capture builds confidence.

Screen capturing a presentation and making it into a movie is a great way to encourage confidence and learning in anyone. Screen capture allows children to make a presentation and edit the audio and visual components anytime without anxiety or accommodations. Students and teachers can create a demonstration on any subject and record in privacy until they produce their best work; showing a class and parents what they achieved in school brings confidence and a will to learn that children otherwise might miss out on.
As a teacher screen capturing is almost like having an aid in the class because I can record a lesson, or small part of the lesson, and be able to assist each student in the class to achieve the goal of the lesson. Using free applications like Google and Screen Toaster means student can access the material from any computer and work on the presentation at their own pace. Screen capturing promotes creativity and inspires people to learn by doing and not just being lectured. Screen capture allows visual learning, speech, and drama to be taught at the same time and can be made private or public. Screen capturing great tool for getting parents and community involved in their child's education.